Friday, May 1, 2009

Little walks and hikes, May 1, 2009


I've been extremely busy the last couple of weeks and haven't had a chance to do a "real" hike since my hike to Hugo Peak. Nothing's wrong, I'm just busy, re-organizing my little yellow house, donating a bunch of stuff I don't need and making some runs to the dump. Cleaning up, so to speak. I'm not done yet but I plan to do some "real" hikes next week, at least two.


In lieu of having time to get to the mountains I've taken several walks (they can't really be called hikes by any stretch of the imagination) in West Seattle and Magnolia, visiting some of my favorite parks and secret places. If/when I can't do a "real" hike I head out with the camera and practice "seeing". No matter where I go, no matter what the weather is like, I always find something to see and photograph. The secret to finding the hidden beauty in what we wrongly perceive as ho-hum places is taking your time, not hurrying, but just looking, really looking around.


No comments:

Post a Comment